Monday, October 22, 2012

Baby Legs!


Who has not seen those adorable leg warmers that trendy babies wear? Pre-baby, I was not impressed with the leg warmers that 90s work out addicts wore (not impressed with 90s styles in general). Now, post-Ella, I love when babies are attired in a cute onesie and some even cuter baby leg warmers. But, like a lot of moms, I did not want to spend the $10-$15 a pair on these cute fashion accessories.

After seeing a lot of babies decked out in baby legs, I decided to find out how to make them on my own. I am no crafty momma! I might get creative in the kitchen for Ella, but I rarely bust out the needle and thread for her. Her dad even painted her name letters for her nursery because we knew that he would do a better job. But! Baby legs are EASY to make. Even someone who doesn't typically do crafts (like myself) these leg warmers are a simple and doable craft.


My first stop was to Target to find the perfect pair of knee high socks. These adorable knee socks only cost $2.50 a pair and frequently go on sale! Much cheaper than the pre-made baby legs! You can also buy knee socks at any of your favorite stores or online.


I then cut off the foot portion of the sock. I cut right above the heel.


I discarded foot portion (Ella stole them and ran away...) and then turned the socks inside out. Once inside out, I folded up the cut portion of the sock. I folded about an inch, but could have made a larger hem since Ella is somewhat short. The hem can be adjusted depending on babies height. I used a coordinating black thread and hand-sewed a hem. Not that hard to do!


The finished products is one cute and affordable pair of baby leg warmers!


And one adorable baby model :)

The cost:
Adult knee high socks: $2.00 (on sale at Target)
Thread Set: $3.00 
Sewing Scissors: $6.99
Total: 11:99 (But now equipped to make lots of leg warmers for as little as $2 a pair!)








Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment